Terms of Service
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SAREGAMA.PAGE.TL (A DIVISION OF CLA INVESTMENT AND TRADING COMPANY PRIVATE LIMITED ("SARGAM KARAOKE") STATING THE TERMS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF SARGAM ’S ONLINE KARAOKE SERVICE. THIS AGREEMENT - TOGETHER WITH ALL UPDATES, ADDITIONAL TERMS, SOFTWARE LICENSES, AND ALL OF SARGAM 'S RULES AND POLICIES - COLLECTIVELY CONSTITUTE THE "AGREEMENT" BETWEEN YOU AND SARGAM . TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS, CLICK "AGREE." IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT CLICK "AGREE," AND DO NOT USE THE SERVICE. YOU MUST ACCEPT AND ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AS PRESENTED TO YOU: CHANGES, ADDITIONS, OR DELETIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE, AND SARGAM MAY REFUSE ACCESS TO THE ONLINE KARAOKE SERVICE FOR NONCOMPLIANCE WITH ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. Definition of the Service. SARGAM is the provider of the Online Karaoke Service (the "Service") that permits you to listen to music and see the synchronized lyrics enabling you to sing along - under certain terms and conditions as set forth in this Agreement.
2. Age requirements for use of the Service. This Service is available for individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older but under the age of 18, you should review these terms and conditions with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand these terms and conditions.
3. Objectionable Material. You understand that by using the Service, you may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language. Nevertheless, you agree to use the Service at your sole risk and that SARGAM shall have no liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Content types (including genres, sub-genres and sub-categories and the like) and descriptions are provided for convenience, and you acknowledge and agree that SARGAM does not guarantee their accuracy.
4. System Requirements. Use of the Service requires a compatible computer and/or devices, computer accessories, Operating System software, Internet access (fees may apply), and certain software (fees may apply), and may require obtaining updates or upgrades from time to time. Because use of the Service involves hardware, software, and Internet access, your ability to use the Service may be affected by the performance of these factors. High speed Internet access is strongly recommended. You acknowledge and agree that such system requirements, which may be changed from time to time, are your responsibility. The Service is not part of any other product or offering, and no purchase or obtaining of any other product shall be construed to represent or guarantee you access to the Service.
5. Policies and Rules. Your use of the Service and purchases made through it are subject to SARGAM 's Terms of Sale which can be readily viewed on the Service, and any end-user agreements or other terms and conditions required for use of the Service, all of which are hereby made a part of this Agreement. If you have not already read SARGAM 's Terms of Sale, you should do so now.
7. Your Information. You agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information required to register with the Service and at other points as may be required in the course of using the Service ("Registration Data"). You further agree to maintain and update your Registration Data as required to keep it accurate, current, and complete. SARGAM may terminate your rights to any or all of the Service if any information you provide is false, inaccurate or incomplete. You agree that SARGAM may store and use the Registration Data you provide (including credit card and PayPal account information) for use in maintaining your accounts and billing fees to your credit card or PayPal account.
8. User Account and Security.
a. Account and Password. As a registered user of the Service, you may receive or establish an account ("Account"). You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account. You should not reveal your Account information to anyone else or use anyone else's Account. You are entirely responsible for all activities that occur on or through your Account, and you agree to immediately notify SARGAM of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. SARGAM shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your Account.
b. Security. You understand that the Service, and products purchased through the Service, such as sound recordings, videos and related artwork ("Products and Service"), include a security framework using technology that protects digital information and limits your usage of Products to certain usage rules established by SARGAM and its licensors ("Usage Rules"). You agree to comply with such Usage Rules, as further outlined below, and you agree not to violate or attempt to violate any security components. You agree not to attempt to, or assist another person to, circumvent, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise tamper with any of the security components related to such Usage Rules for any reason whatsoever. Usage Rules may be controlled and monitored by SARGAM for compliance purposes, and SARGAM reserves the right to enforce the Usage Rules with or without notice to you. You will not access the Service by any means other than through software that is provided by SARGAM for accessing the Service. You shall not access or attempt to access an Account that you are not authorized to access. You agree not to modify the software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the software, for any purposes including obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
9. Purchase of SARGAM Content
a. Products and Service Requirements. You acknowledge that use of Products and the Service may require the use of other hardware and software products and that such hardware and software is your responsibility.
b. Use of Products and Service. You acknowledge that Products and Service contain security technology that limits your usage of Products and service to the following Usage Rules, and you agree to use Products and service in compliance with such Usage Rules.
Your use of the Products and service is conditioned upon your prior acceptance of the terms of this Agreement.
You shall be authorized to use the Products and service only for personal, non-commercial use. Unauthorised Public Performance is Prohibited
You agree that you will not attempt to, or encourage or assist any other person to, circumvent or modify any security technology or software that is part of the Service or used to administer the Usage Rules.
The delivery or use of Products and service does not transfer to you any commercial or promotional use rights in the Products or service.
c. You agree that your purchase of Products and service constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to use such Products and service solely in accordance with the Usage Rules, and that any other use of the Products and service may constitute a copyright infringement. The security technology is an inseparable part of the Products and Service. The Usage Rules shall govern your rights with respect to the Products and Service, in addition to any other terms or rules that may have been established between you and another party. SARGAM reserves the right to modify the Usage Rules at any time.
d. You acknowledge that some aspects of the Service, Products, and administering of the Usage Rules entails the ongoing involvement of SARGAM . Accordingly, in the event that SARGAM changes any part of the Service or discontinues the Service, which SARGAM may do at its election, you acknowledge that you may no longer be able to use Products and Service to the same extent as prior to such change or discontinuation, and that SARGAM shall have no liability to you in such case
e. The Service may offer interactive features that allow you to, among other things, submit or post information, materials or links to third party content on areas of the Service accessible and viewable by other users of the Service and the public. You represent and agree that any use by you of such features, including any information, materials or links submitted or posted by you, shall be your sole responsibility, shall not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or violate any laws, contribute to or encourage infringing or otherwise unlawful conduct, or otherwise be obscene, objectionable or in poor taste, and that you have obtained all necessary rights, licenses or clearances. You further agree to provide accurate and complete information in connection with your submission or posting of any information or materials on the Service. Moreover, you hereby grant SARGAM a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use such materials as part of the Service, and in relation to Products and Service, without any compensation or obligation to you.
SARGAM reserves the right not to post or publish any materials, and to delete, remove or edit any material, at any time in its sole discretion without notice or liability.
SARGAM has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any information and materials submitted or posted by you or otherwise available on the Service, to investigate any reported or apparent violation of this Agreement, and to take any action that SARGAM in its sole discretion deems appropriate, including, without limitation.
10. Agreement to Pay.
a. Payment for Products and Service. You agree to pay for all Products and Service you purchase through the Service, and that SARGAM may charge your credit card or PayPal account for any Products and Service purchased, and for any additional amounts (including any taxes and late fees, as applicable) as may be accrued by or in connection with your Account. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELY PAYMENT OF ALL FEES AND FOR PROVIDING SARGAM WITH A VALID CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL ACCOUNT DETAILS FOR PAYMENT OF ALL FEES. All fees will be billed to the credit card, or the PayPal account, you designate during the registration process. If you want to designate a different credit card or if there is a change in your credit card or PayPal account status, you must change your credit card or PayPal account information online at the Account Info section of the Service of SARGAM or the Service of the payment gateway. (There may be a temporary disruption of your access to the Service until SARGAM can verify the validity of the new credit card or PayPal account information.)
b. Right to Change Prices and Availability of Products and Service. Prices and availability of any Products and Service are subject to change at any time.
c. Electronic Signatures and Contracts. Your use of the Service includes the ability to enter into agreements and/or to make purchases electronically. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS CONSTITUTE YOUR AGREEMENT AND INTENT TO BE BOUND BY AND TO PAY FOR SUCH AGREEMENTS AND PURCHASES. YOUR AGREEMENT AND INTENT TO BE BOUND BY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS APPLIES TO ALL RECORDS RELATING TO ALL TRANSACTIONS YOU ENTER INTO ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING NOTICES OF CANCELLATION, POLICIES, CONTRACTS, AND APPLICATIONS.
d. In order to access and retain your electronic records, you may be required to have certain hardware and software, which are your sole responsibility.
11. Delivery or use of Products and Service. On occasion, technical problems may delay or prevent delivery or use of the Product. Your exclusive and sole remedy with respect to Product that is not delivered within a reasonable period will be either replacement of such Product, or refund of the purchase price paid for such Product, as determined by SARGAM .
12. Intellectual Property.
a. Acknowledgement of Ownership. You agree that the Service, including but not limited to graphics, audio clips, and editorial content, contains proprietary information and material that is owned by SARGAM and/or its licensors, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that you will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for use of the Service in compliance with the terms of this Agreement. No portion of the Service may be reproduced in any form or by any means. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Service, in any manner, and you shall not exploit the Service in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity.
b. Removal of SARGAM Content or Other Materials. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, SARGAM and its licensors reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any Products and Service, content, or other materials comprising a part of the Service at any time without notice. In no event will SARGAM be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such Products and Service, content or materials under this Agreement. SARGAM may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain features or portions of the Service, in any case and without notice or liability.
c. Copyrights. All copyrights in and to the Service, including but not limited to, the online Karaoke Service (including the compilation of content, postings, links to other Internet resources, and descriptions of those resources), and software, are owned by SARGAM and/or its licensors. THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR ANY PART OF THE SERVICE, EXCEPT FOR USE OF THE SERVICE AS PERMITTED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND INFRINGES ON THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES, INCLUDING POSSIBLE MONETARY DAMAGES, FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
d. Trademarks. SARGAM , the SARGAM logo and other SARGAM trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of SARGAM . Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Service may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You are granted no right or license with respect to any of the aforesaid trademarks and any use of such trademarks.
a. Termination by SARGAM . If you fail, or SARGAM suspects that you have failed, to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement, including but not limited to failure to make payment of fees due, failure to provide SARGAM with a valid credit card or with accurate and complete Registration Data, failure to safeguard your Account information, violation of the Usage Rules or any license to the software, or infringement or other violation of third parties' rights, SARGAM , at its sole discretion, without notice to you may: (i) terminate this Agreement and/or your Account, and you will remain liable for all amounts due under your Account up to and including the date of termination; and/or (ii) terminate the license to the software; and/or (iii) preclude access to the Service (or any part thereof).
b. Termination of the Service. SARGAM reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) at any time with or without notice to you, and SARGAM will not be liable to you or to any third party should it exercise such rights.
14. General Compliance with Laws. The Service is controlled and operated by SARGAM from its offices in the India. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, and national laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that apply to your use of the Service.
15. Enforcement of These Terms. SARGAM reserves the right to takes steps SARGAM believes are reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement (including but not limited to SARGAM 's right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Service and/or Products and Service, and/or a third party claim that your use of the Service and/or Products and Service is unlawful and/or infringes such third party's rights). You agree that SARGAM has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any Registration Data and/or Account information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or a third party, as SARGAM believes is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement (including but not limited to SARGAM 's right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Service and/or Products and Service, and/or a third party claim that your use of the Service and/or Products and Service is unlawful and/or infringes such third party's rights).
16. No Responsibility for Third-Party Materials or Web sites. Certain content, Products and Service, and services available via the Service may include materials from third parties. In addition, SARGAM may provide links to certain third party Web sites. You acknowledge and agree that SARGAM is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any such third-party material or Web sites. SARGAM does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or Web sites, or for any other materials, Products and Service, or services of third parties. Links to other Web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. You agree that you will not use any third-party materials in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that SARGAM is not in any way responsible for any such use by you.
17. Disclaimer of Warranties; Liability Limitations.
a. SARGAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND YOU AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME SARGAM MAY REMOVE THE SERVICE FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME, OR CANCEL THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
b. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DELIVERED TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE (EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED BY SARGAM ) PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
c. IN NO CASE SHALL SARGAM , ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT (OR PRODUCT) POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, SARGAM 'S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
d. SARGAM SHALL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROTECT INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, BUT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND SARGAM HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.
e. SARGAM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND SARGAM DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO. YOU SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BACKING UP YOUR OWN SYSTEM.
18. Waiver and Indemnity. BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SARGAM , ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AND LICENSORS HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY ACTION TAKEN BY SARGAM AS PART OF ITS INVESTIGATION OF A SUSPECTED VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR AS A RESULT OF ITS FINDING OR DECISION THAT A VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HAS OCCURRED. THIS MEANS THAT YOU CANNOT SUE OR RECOVER ANY DAMAGES FROM SARGAM , ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AND LICENSORS AS A RESULT OF ITS DECISION TO REMOVE OR REFUSE TO PROCESS ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT, TO WARN YOU, TO SUSPEND OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, OR TO TAKE ANY OTHER ACTION DURING THE INVESTIGATION OF A SUSPECTED VIOLATION OR AS A RESULT OF SARGAM 'S CONCLUSION THAT A VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HAS OCCURRED. THIS WAIVER AND INDEMNITY PROVISION APPLIES TO ALL VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN OR CONTEMPLATED BY THIS AGREEMENT.
19. Changes. SARGAM reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to update, revise, supplement, and otherwise modify this Agreement and to impose new or additional rules, policies, terms, or conditions on your use of the Service. Such updates, revisions, supplements, modifications, and additional rules, policies, terms, and conditions (collectively referred to in this Agreement as "Additional Terms") will be effective immediately and incorporated into this Agreement. Your continued use of the online karaoke service will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of any and all such Additional Terms. All Additional Terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
20. Notices. SARGAM may send you notice with respect to the Service by sending an email message to the email address listed in your SARGAM Account contact information, by sending a letter via postal mail to the contact address listed in your SARGAM Account contact information, or by a posting on the SARGAM ’s online karaoke service. Notices shall become effective immediately.
21. Governing Law. The laws of The Republic of India govern these Terms and your use of the Service. Your use of the Service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute with SARGAM or relating in any way to your use of the Service resides in the courts in New Delhi, India.
22. Miscellaneous. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and SARGAM and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and SARGAM . You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content, or third-party software. If any part of these Terms of Service is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. SARGAM 's failure to enforce any right or provisions in these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such provision, or any other provision of these Terms of Service. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the other provisions will remain in full force and effect. SARGAM will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control